Original topic:

Android Auto

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 12:43 PM)
LadyLisa
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My app icon is nowhere to be found and now my phone won't connect to my car! Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix?
36 Comments
LadyLisa
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't think so? But I'm not sure how to check. Under app settings I still have the disable option there.
0 Likes
LadyLisa
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks! I'll try these.
0 Likes
MylesBuk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I had a similar issue originally hooking up to my new vehicle. With one of the recent updates, Android Auto was made a permanent part of the base software; so it doesn't appear as an app icon anymore (but still shows as an app when you go into settings), it is just 'always ready to run'. You can still uninstall and reinstall if it gives you an issue (through the play store). You can also delete your phone from your vehicle, which forces it to reconnect and go through the AndroidAuto setup process again.

VERY IMPORTANT: USB cables seem to be exceptionally delicate and fussy with AndroidAuto. Aftermarket cables may not work, or work intermittently (be sure to get certified cables from your retailer, or use a Samsung cable). I've had them work for months and then start to flake out; and, a new cable fixes it.

LadyLisa
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I was thinking this might be the issue. Going to buy a new today. Thanks for the input!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi LadyLisa, I do not have Android Auto in my car, can't give you much solutions. However, found a reason why there is no shortcut icon. This happened after Android 10, Android Auto became part of the Android system. The answer from Android Auto help. Unless you have shortcut on Android9, then upgrade to Android10. The shortcut will carry on.Screenshot_20210730-074717_Edge_46938.jpg
rgs23
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Android auto is now part of the android system , so no more separate icon for such thing. If you need an access, go to settings search for Android auto and it will give you an access to android auto.

Connect your phone to your car, select android auto on your car and that should give you prompt to check your phone , at this point go to settings and search for Android auto and follow prompts from there
0 Likes