Original topic:

Android Pie Update - Secure Folder problems

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 03:07 PM)
Braydon
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all,

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having similar issues... The other day I updated my phone (Galaxy S8) to Pie and ever since Secure folder hasn't been working quite right for me.  I'm not a huge fan of the new design in general (especially that now as soon as you go to the app switcher while in secure folder the apps you had open while in it aren't there and you have to unlock it again, since before as long as you haven't gone to the home screen they were all there still), but anyways now I'm not able to use or share pictures within apps in the folder.  For example, if I try to open a picture in an app (to upload it) it says "No apps can perform this action" (basically that there's no app installed to get the picture from), which doesn't make sense because I have both Gallery and Google Photos installed in Secure Folder.  Or if I try to share from Gallery it says the same thing (and no share options appear).
I never had this problem before the OS upgrade.

Thanks guys.
6 Comments
STRSSD
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The having to keep unlocking is annoying, I feel your pain. I'm going to keep my eye on this post cuz I'm curious to see if there's any feedback on it.
Galaxy S
@Braydon, did you factory reset after doing the update?

It's always best when there's a major update, to backup your phone, install update, factory reset phone, then restore, otherwise you can have issues after updating.
0 Likes
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
No I did not as I've never done it before and I've never had problems after major updates. Thanks for the tip for the future though.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Ever since the Pie update, the Secure Folder feature has been working great just as the same when Oreo was installed.
0 Likes
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Well it has for me for the most part, except for this and the fact that I preferred the old layout.
0 Likes
SGH80718
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
If you go through your setting on a linked Samsumg, Microsoft & Google accounts the private mode can be setup not too delete a page address you just visited.
0 Likes