Original topic:

android11

(Topic created on: 02-26-2021 05:17 PM)
Beushy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
My FTP client can no longer see my SD card since the update only internal folders and files.
Is there a fix for this, it worked pre 11 update.

If I use the Samsung Files I can see it, but not through my ftp client now.

Suggestions? 
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Sorry, try to understand your question. You use FTP client to access your phone SD Card? Is the FTP client installed in your computer?
0 Likes
Beushy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
ftp client installed on my phone connecting to my computer running ftp server. when I connect I can no longer copy files from my SD card to the server.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I see. Couple suggestions here

1. If you have upgrade to Android 11 recently, try do a Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode. Then try to see if the FTP client able to see SD card or not.

2. If above suggestion not working, you can try Open Settings → Apps → FTP Client app → Storage
Click Clear data and clear cache
***Note that your FTP client setting will set to default. You may need to redo all settings again.

3. Last suggestion will be uninstall the FTP client app and reinstall the app again.

0 Likes
Beushy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
already did all of the above, no luck.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Which FTP client app you are using?
0 Likes
Beushy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
FTPCafe
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Thank you. I installed it and I cannot see the SD card as well. Maybe this is FTPCafe app not compatible to Android 11. Maybe leave a message to developer so that they can fix the problem soon.
Beushy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I did send the developer just before posting this note. And yes, I could see my SD Card before Android 11.
thanks for your recommendations and responses 👍
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Beushy,

Please get back to us and let us know if there is a fix. Thanks,