Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Another issue on S22 Plus

(Topic created on: 05-03-2022 03:21 PM)
may-s
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Recently encountered another phone heat up issue, observed phone bottom surface got hot, compare to my A51, where not observed such issue.

Anyone else observed same when bottom surface get hot?
8 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I think this year's Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset has issues with balancing between battery optimization and performance. So u will notice that ur phone heats up very quickly.. same goes for Exynos 2200. In the second half of this year, Qualcomm is planning to release the 8 Gen 1 plus, mainly to tackle the heat issue. So most likely, will see better heat management in the Z series, slated to release sometime in August. For S series, will need to wait for next year, around Feb alr.
may-s
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Seems our $$$1600 gone...than, thankfully to samsung... low end phone better...
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
But high end still has its pros. Better screen resolution and camera too. For me, I don't mind spending premium for high end phones. Most importantly, it needs to last long.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
My current Fold 3 heats up a lot too, so I try to stop using when it heats up till my palm feels pain.
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Just curious, do you all mean other brand of android-based phones doesn't heat up so easily? Or so hot? Etc..
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I think it's got to do with the chipsets as well.. Especially this year's Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I see.. coz had used huawei phone after note 4 era and gotten back to note20 ultra just pretty recent. And now using s21 ultra.. both were exynos and also battery heated up very fast even when simply turning on camera apps (without recording or taking photo). So I thought it was just exynos issue.. but then hearing from you that it's snapdragon branded chipset. Could it be the way samsung write their software?

I am not sure of other android branded phones having this issue either..
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Currently my Z fold 3 running on Snapdragon 888 chipset, also heats up pretty quickly. Probably also got to do with manufacturer's battery optimization. Seems like Samsung needs to optimize the performance with battery.