Original topic:

Any news on S20 Ultra camera update for Canada?

(Topic created on: 03-25-2020 02:24 PM)
dejanh
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
US is steadily rolling out an update to fix some of the searching autofocus issues with the S20 Ultra camera. Canada hasn't had anything released yet. Are we now at the mercy of the carriers that will themselves be operating at a greatly reduced capacity for the next several months due to COVID-19? If so, I'm not sure that keeping the S20 Ultra will be the wisest choice. I do hope I'm wrong and we still get steady support. 
0 Likes
4 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
The Ultra will get the camera update sooner or later. All depends how much you like the Ultra and how patient you are but I would definitely keep it and wait if it was up to me.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm not very patient but I like the fluidity of the Ultra. One of my biggest issues with all Android devices except Pixel and OnePlus to date has been UI lag. I would go back to my Note 10+ in a second if I could make that UI not choppy. Sooner or later is kind of exactly my point. If the Canadian carriers now sit on their laurels even more because of current events and Samsung does not take control of updates I'm concerned that the 2020 flagship will turn into one of least supported devices Samsung released to date.
0 Likes
mrultrad
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
same here. I sold my iPhone 11 for this and the iPhone took much better pictures unfortunately.
0 Likes
mrultrad
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
to add spending $2,000 on it and this is what I'm getting is unacceptable.
0 Likes