Original topic:

App Icon in Latest Update on Android 13

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 08:24 AM)
Geekfreak
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I am not liking the app icons on the updated version. Due to this update all the original app icons are gone and the samsung boring app icons are on display which is very dull. Also, after this update I cannot use my whatsapp video call in the background while doing something else. This is so bad it makes me crazy as my video is pausing even if I'm going back to chat screen.
Samsung needs to resolve this.
5 Comments
pchan0
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
turn off 'apply palette to app icons' in wallpaper and style settings?
Geekfreak
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
This resolved my first issue, thanks
0 Likes
Cdziurda
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with the android 13 update. I hate the new notification icons, shown in the top pull foen bar. They look nothing like the app. I have a Samsung S20. I went to wallpaper style and settings and their is no option to turn off apply pallette to app icons. I just have "browse my wallpapers",  "color pallette ", and "apply dark mode to wallpaper ." 

I appreciate your help

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are good to see that your first issue has been resolved.

For the Whatsapp issue, Go to Settings >> Apps >> WhatsApp >> Mobile date & Wi-Fi, turn on Background data.

If that doesn't work, please back up your chats then uninstall and reinstall the app and verify if your'e able to use whatsapp video call in the background.

0 Likes
prkolenky
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

For me I was able to fix it by applying the default theme under settings > wallpaper and style. Then applying the same theme I had before. Not sure why re-doing it fixes it but currently since then I haven't had any issues with the notification pane.

0 Likes