Original topic:

Back glass gap with the frame

(Topic created on: 05-31-2021 02:38 AM)
E2674
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if ako lang meron neto. Pero napapansin ko, there's a gap between the backglass and the side frame. Upper right part, sa may area ng camera. Kapag dini-diin ko ng konti, nawawala yung gap. Pero after 5 to 7 minutes, nabalik siya. What I'm thinking is, the adhesive that keeps it intact is slowly losing its purpose? I'm not really sure. Will attach photos here once I've captured it with another phone. 

Any suggestions/ideas tho?
6 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there! May we know the following? Unit model? What happened? When and how did it happened? How obvious is that gap?

Should your device have warranty, we suggest you to reach us via our TOLL-FREE HOTLINES:

MOBILE: #GALAXY [#425299]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
Available 24/7

LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864
Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864
Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

LIVE CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH

Our technical experts will be assisting you, and you may opt to have your device scheduled for servicing at your nearest Samsung Service Center to professionally resolve your issue. Thank you for reaching this out to us. We hope to have your concern solved soon.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
E2674
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi! Sorry I forgot to include. It's a Galaxy S20+ purchased here in the Philippines. It's just sudden. I have this habit of checking my smartphone from time to time. Then one time I noticed, upon rubbing my fingers on the top part at the back, I can feel the edge of the back glass, then when I looked into it, I can really tell that it has a gap wherein it's not there before. Nothing happened with my phone in the past 9 months. Never been dropped. The gap is too obvious that you can really insert a paper or slide your fingernail's tip, or by even looking at it. It's not even symmetrical with the other sides. It's the only area. Battery wise, usually I'm very careful with the battery. I can say that it's not bloated nor whatsoever. So I'm guessing that this is a defect, not sure lang if it can be a valid reason. Pero yeah, my diagnosis is the adhesive are slowly losing its purpose..
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there! Good day! We'd suggest for you to immediately bring it to your nearest Samsung Service Center. Have your scheduled appointment by dialing our TOLL-FREE HOTLINES as I've indicated above. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Hoping for your concern to be resolved soonest. Stay safe. Have a great day ahead! 😊

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
E2674
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Here are the photos by the way.20210610_185208_385.jpg20210610_185334_389.jpg20210610_185414_391.jpg
E2674
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@Samsung

I went to the Samsung Service Center in Festival Mall, Alabang last time, and had it fixed. But right now, it's happening again. I do not know if this is a unit defect itself. But I'm pretty sure THIS. IS. NOT. NORMAL. They had the back glass replaced and applied the adhesive as well, but why am I experiencing this issue again? I mean, it has never been dropped, I haven't dipped it into the water. I use it like a normal person would do. Please advise, because, I do not want to have the same resolution again when it's not a permanent one. Would it be possible to have a replacement unit kasi I have Samsung Care+ pa.

Thank you!
0 Likes
E2674
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Here are some photos. It's starting to have the gap again.received_947271666049023_4870.jpgreceived_222962256315161_4873.jpgreceived_460208692018976_4872.jpg
0 Likes