Original topic:

Battery Issues on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 05-18-2022 10:13 PM)
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So I have been using my phone for last 2 months now and I am very disappointed with the battery performance. At first I thought maybe after couple of weeks of use the phone will adapt to my use but I am still getting very bad battery performance. With 85% charge, I get about 4 to 5 hours of moderate use with screen on time. If I am gaming then I get about 2 hours or at max 3. Which is very disappointing from a flagship phone. I don't use my phone with power savings because it limits the CPU and turns off 5g when I am out. Plus I paid flagship money for flagship performance. Why should I be using power saving mode and limit the performance?  I hope samsung resolve this issues with an update. My brother got iphone 12 pro and gets nearly 10 hours of heavy use. My phone is almost a joke compared to him. Also camera is very slow at processing as well. Honestly such a shame for samsung at this point. Not sure if my next phone will be samsung if they don't fix these issues ASAP. 
15 Comments
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Hi, this problem doesn't just happen to you, but it seems according to
https://www.sammyfans.com/2022/05/17/various-samsung-galaxy-s22-users-facing-severe-battery-draining...
That may 2022 update fix some battery drains issues, have you done it ?
0 Likes
Ikonik
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I have done it. Doesn't fix battery drain issue.
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I did it as well. I updated my phone last night and I don't see a lot of improvement
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you follow the steps below and see if it works. On the Settings screen, tap Battery and device care → Optimize now. The Quick Optimize feature improves device performance through the following actions.

• Closing applications running in the background.

• Management of abnormal battery usage.

• Scan for crashed apps and malware.

Using the automatic optimization function."

0 Likes
Narhold
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have the s22 ultra and get good battery life maybe lower your display settings, that could help with battery life
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Maybe you use it with the power saving mode. What's the point of this high spec phone if I have to use FHD display and 60hz refresh rate. I get these high end phone for its performance.
0 Likes
Narhold
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I don't use power saving mode
0 Likes
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
In my last phone S20 ultra, I used it without powersaving mode and I got average 8 hours of screen on time with full charge. I feel lucky to even get 6 hours of screen on time. Plus this phone ridiculously drains battery. With s20 I used to get over an hour when it went under 15 percent. With this phone if I use it 20 min it's dead 😒.
0 Likes
Narhold
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It was just a suggestion do what u will
0 Likes