Original topic:

Battery Issues on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 05-25-2022 10:08 PM)
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So I have been using my phone for last 2 months now and I am very disappointed with the battery performance. At first I thought maybe after couple of weeks of use the phone will adapt to my use but I am still getting very bad battery performance. With 85% charge, I get about 4 to 5 hours of moderate use with screen on time. If I am gaming then I get about 2 hours or at max 3. Which is very disappointing from a flagship phone. I don't use my phone with power savings because it limits the CPU and turns off 5g when I am out. Plus I paid flagship money for flagship performance. Why should I be using power saving mode and limit the performance?  I hope samsung resolve this issues with an update. My brother got iphone 12 pro and gets nearly 10 hours of heavy use. My phone is almost a joke compared to him. Also camera is very slow at processing as well. Honestly such a shame for samsung at this point. Not sure if my next phone will be samsung if they don't fix these issues ASAP. 
15 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
May i asking for the kind of processor, 8 or 12g...
And if you are able to check for your temperature and reply it. You can use Droid Info Hardware if your PlayStore work fine🙂
0 Likes
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It is the canadian version with 256gb storage and 12gb ram. Snap dragon version of the phone. U can literally see the draining. I gamed for around 2 hours and the phone was almost dead Screenshot_20220525-204622_Device care_27515_1653525982.jpg
0 Likes
PhillyGurl215
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I have been using my S22 ULTRA since March of this year. And I love it! BUT, my battery drained like everyone else's, too quick too fast, and it seemed like the fast charging wasn't always moving fast. Gaming was a good 2-4 hours, shows or movies maybe 4 hours. But I just received the May update/Security patch and it's noticeably better. My phone is charging quicker and I was able to go an extra 2 hours on my phone without having to charge. I just updated today so hopefully it continues to be noticeably performance better, especially for the price we pay for these phones. Good luck to you all!! 

vgndude08
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It seems like this is a common issue across most all the newer S22 devices. Has anything improved? 

0 Likes
sayedulla
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
After the may update it seems like improved a little but not enough say it is resolved.
vgndude08
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Are updates being released monthly?

0 Likes