Original topic:

Big Mistake buying the samsung phone

(Topic created on: 11-25-2020 05:46 PM)
smd122
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Got new s20 fe in contract with freedom mobile. wifi would not auto connect. It will say incorrect password and then I have to tap the wifi name to connect. Did 3 factory resets as told by samsung. Nothing solved. Took it to toronto eaton center for service. Now the problem is less frequent but still exist. Called samsung and got told I need to ship it. I have to spend money to pack it properly plus take off my screen protection and assume the risk that nothing happnes in transit. I already spent time and money going to there store and don't wanna do it again. It has just been a month with this phone and I am not even using it as well as i am transferring and deleting my data again and again. 
Now if I send it for repair and the phone comes damaged ill be in a position when neither samsung nor the shipping company will assume the liability and if so, I'll loose my warranty. 

You guys really made me go on apple's website and planted a seed to get the apple phone next time.

Thats the best way to loose a customer Samsung. Did not know thats how your customer gets treated.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi smd122,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to properly pack the device in a bubble wrap to avoid any damages and ship the device to the service center. So that the senior technician would examine the device to check the root cause of the issue and fix it. we request you to contact live chat support so that they will file a ticket and send free shipping label.

smd122
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
they sent me the label but says they are not responsible if anything happnes to my phone. why am I assuming that risk? samsung can say that it ok we will deal with courier partner if things goes wrong. I did not received this phone for free. why am I assuming risks ? if somthing hppnes to the phone it is very easy for samsung to say "o there is a physical damage and your warranty is gone"
smd122
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I went to a samsung store to get it fixed once. it not so what should I do? whats the guarantee that I take off my screen protector, assume risk by sending it to samsung and this problem will be solved? if this happness next time, I again have to dump my screen protection and do the same thing again. This is not fair.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
does this problem happen while attempting to connect to any wifi?
does it happen anywhere?

if the S20 is still under warranty, can you demand a replacement from freedom?

all the shipping headache and woes should never be part of a fair warranty process...
0 Likes
smd122
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
your are right . freedom will ultimately send it to them. freedom says that they don't manufacture the phone.
It happnes with multiple wifi. only my device, no other devices connected to my relatives place have the problem.
you are right about warranty. Customer service says u have to assume risk, I means why should I.
As a customer if software or hardware does not work, Samsung is liable, why am I told that Samsung don't make software. I retur the phone and they can deal with their suppliers or process.
I understand nothing is perfect. if mistake happened, I don't see anyone owning it properly. I told the guy to give me assurance that since I am wasting my time , if not fixed you will replace it as its second time that Samsung will have my phone and he simply says we can repair it under warranty, can't guarantee or replace. thus I have no guarantee of how many time after this will I be throwing my screen protection and wasting time. ULYIMATELY, SAMSUNG DID NOT GAVE THIS PHONE FOR FREE.
0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I would agree. I have not liked my samsung phone from day one. the version of android that samsung uses just seems clumsy compared to other manufacturers.
0 Likes