Original topic:

Biometrics on S10

(Topic created on: 06-10-2019 03:33 PM)
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
As S10's face recognition is not secure and pretty much there for convenience, I would like to suggest adding like a blink/wink/raise eyebrows to unlock - if face recognition is used. This may add more security as portraits are now out of the picture 😉 Its basically 'Are you a properly functioning hooman - that owns this phone - captcha' 😂

As for the fingerprint scanner, its pretty good and liking it so far.
Its not as finnicky and picky unlike the videos that I watched when it first came out, updates have been good. It fails sometimes but gets it the try or 2 after, and must be user error as I sometimes don't properly place my finger on the right orientation. 
5 Comments
Galaxy S
Samsung should have left the FP scanner on the back - On my S9+ it's virtually 100% of the time - S10+ it's Meh - My 2 cents 🐧
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
love the fingerprint on the front and each year it's going to get better, the in screen fingerprint and soon to be in screen selfie camera (year to three to come) is the future and I can't wait
0 Likes
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Well, the in-display fingerprint scanner is 1st Gen this year - ultrasonic ones - but I believe it will get better with each software updates and following iterations.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I always wink at my phone 😜
I always wash my hands 🤣
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@EnZ143PoGi I'm pretty sure the FP scanner isn't the first generation version - It's only the first version that Samsung released to the public - Samsung caved under pressure to release it on the S10 series - When they should have waited until it was at least as consistent as the FP scanner on the back of the device... Don't really believe that people want to pay $1,000+ for the "experience" of being testers 😉
0 Likes