Original topic:

Bixby in Canada

(Topic created on: 08-07-2017 10:13 AM)
Cprice
Options
Galaxy S
Since according to @Nick, Bixby will be launched soon in Canada, we should have a beta testing period like they did in the US, to give many people a chance to try it and possibly discover some issues.
15 Comments
lacers
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I agree!!
0 Likes
dude92
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Nope, roll out!! Lol

PS- Bixby is an AI that was already built, pretty sure the US "beta" was to get training data on the English language. Canada doesn't need that unless they are launching French as well.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I'm guessing they would need to launch it with French
dude92
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I feel like that is an excuse on their part. It could've been launched as a language pack. At least then they wouldn't have to take into account national second languages.
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
The French language is the biggest reason for the delay...
dude92
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It has been unclear to me if that was the reason or not, but that is pretty damn stupid if it is. It shouldn't be released as a regional thing, it should be released as a language pack. What are they gonna do when they got 20+ languages? Have another rollout every week? They need to think more critically about how they release this stuff. Also, there are many other countries using English as a majority and they haven't rolled out to those countries either. They can't blame it on a secondary language because if that were the case, the US wouldn't be the ONLY English users of Bixby. The UK and Australia, for example, should have it as well seeing as there is no secondary language to cause "problems."
0 Likes
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I am not disagreeing with you on any of that BUT that is what has been said to be the major delay. Those of us who speak French first and English second would likely find a way to make the program work for us like we always do ☺
dude92
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Agreed, I don't think matters of dual language should inhibit a release of a feature that was promised on day one though. But this has all been said, so hopefully when it arrives Bixby is capable of impressing me and becoming a standard part of my routine.
Brainstorm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I would think that they would just release english in Canada if they have it done, and then release French later!