Original topic:

Bixby???

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 06:44 PM)
vetman
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I love sumsung products but what is the point of Bixby? Does anyone of you use Bixby or like me just trying to get rid of it?
0 Likes
8 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't use bixby or google, I don't like talking to my phone or my tv remote.. feels weird to me 🤷
Galaxy S
I use both Bixby and Google. I use Bixby for control phone functions, like enable DND mode, turn off NFC after using Samsung Pay, turn screen off...etc. I do this all the time while driving.

Google is way more better than search for restaurant, fastest route to locations, make a call to someone...etc.

So, kind of Bixby manage internal stuff and Google manage external stuff.

This is my opinion. 😎
jimmythecreep
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Every morning, after breakfast, I go to the bathroom and do a big pile of bixby, am I clear on that?
macer1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

I agree with GG2.  I don't use either Bixby or Google Assistant, Cortana, Alexa, or any other voice control.  Most of the time, they can't figure out what you're saying and it just frustrates more than it helps.  I did try it way back when it was first offered for both Google and Bixby but I have disabled them all and just manually do what I do.

The only time I use any kind of voice feature is when texting hands free using Google keyboard and dictating to it.  It's a hit and miss as well, but most of the time, it gets what I said.

So, yeah, I disable Bixby and use the button for other things.

Galaxy S
I agree with Tallman. I always use Google as my search engine whenever I am looking for a destination using the Maps feature, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I use Bixby for screenshots
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I use Bixby to take pics when I have both dogs jumping on my head...that's all.
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

HI, you can refer below links to know about Bixby.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/bixby/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/apps/bixby/

If you don’t want the Bixby key to launch Bixby, then you can remap the key to open something else, like a frequently used app.

1. Open Bixby Assistant Home by pressing the Bixby key.

2. Then, tap Menu (the three horizontal lines), and then tap the name of your desired device.

3. Tap Settings, tap Bixby key, and then select an option.

4. You can use a single or double press to open Bixby. If you choose to open Bixby with a single press, you can double press the Bixby key to open another app or run a quick command - and vice versa.

5. For example, tap Double press to open Bixby, and then tap Use single press.

Tap the switch, and choose what app to open or what quick command to run when you single press the Bixby key.

Note: This function may be turned off when you reset Bixby or deactivate the chosen app or quick command.

0 Likes