Original topic:

**bleep** has UI5 done to my phone?!

(Topic created on: 11-15-2022 09:37 PM)
Sibzor
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I decided to install the Android 13 UI5 update the other day on my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Turns out it was an extremely foolish decision. The battery life has been absolutely decimated. It is draining so quickly that even if I have the charger plugged in while I am using the phone the battery level continues to decrease! The phone is barely able to even charge now. With the screen switched off and the phone on my bedside table it took the entire night to 'quick' charge. Its now about 3.5 hours since I unplugged the phone and the battery level is down to 59% and all I have done with it so far today is receive one 30 second phone call!! Its so bad that the battery level is decreasing about 1% every 5 minutes and that's when I'm not even using the phone!

On top of that the gallery is now almost useless. I take a photo or screenshot, and it just disappears into the abyss! I go to look in the gallery or send it on WhatsApp and its nowhere to be seen! Some time in the future it will then randomly appear in the gallery and I will then be able to view it and send it, but what good is that when I need to send it immediatly?

I see there are others on here complaining about the same thing. How on earth has this utter pile of tosh managed to get through testing??

0 Likes
3 Comments
LazyOldBear
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Mine so far so good (touch wood) but I remember I had similar experience while getting Android 12. I had to reset my phone back in that time 🙄
0 Likes
Ryzal_chung
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
of course the battery life will be effective by any upgrade made to the device. Same things happen to Realme, Oppo, etc... its because the decive is adjusting to the new upgraded OS. Just have to wait till the device fully understand the new OS then everything back to how it used to work or much better... Be patient a bit ya... huhu...
io6km
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Kwjmm6ds9oizks3
Ii.mvkv
0 Likes