Original topic:

Bloatware bloatware bloatware...thanks Scamsung.

(Topic created on: 09-13-2022 06:56 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
I'm waiting for the day when customers can use their flagship phones that we paid thousands of dollars without Samsung injecting ads and bloatwares into them.

I'm waiting for the day when we can (finally) uninstall or at least disable these apps, one of them is Samsung Free (never used it, don't care). 

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. 

8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Screenshot_20220913_100810.jpg

👍🏻😉

btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah, if only paying customers of Samsung don't have to go through loops and extra steps just to have control over our own phones.
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It's free garbage TV, watch when you have insomnia 😆
mike15
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey @RedDogRabbit what app is this if you don't mind me asking?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Adhell3, but it's not available on the Play Store, for obvious reasons, as it blocks the Ads (As well can be used to disable any System Apps), that Google makes money from.

There's a version similar to this one on XDA.

It uses Samsung's Knox, so it is quite effective. 

DLaw
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
But isn't it the same amount of steps, just a different menu? If you had to root the phone or log into a different profile altogether then sure, loops and steps. But this is going to a different part of the menu.
Also, it's a free TV app so....
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Most, if not all of the current Flagship Samsung Snapdragon devices have a Locked Bootloader & can't be Rooted. 

You can also use adb to disable (not uninstall) System Apps without Root.

The app I'm using doesn't require adb & I can just Disable / Enable by tapping the Toggle. 

KeyurPanchal
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Agreed.

I paid $1500 for just bloatwares. Its not Samsung, its Scamson phone. Too many useless apps, I can't uninstall or disable those.

This S22 Ultra is my FIRST and will be my LAST Samsung phone in my life.

0 Likes