Original topic:

Bluetooth audio to vehicle

(Topic created on: 06-06-2022 03:07 PM)
MurdochMike
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
When I connect my S20 to a vehicle via Bluetooth, it tells me "connected for calls and audio" I get calls, however no audio i.e. music or videos. Happens in every vehicle so I'm thinking it's some setting in my phone.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike
7 Comments
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please Reset network settings option and see if the issue is resolved. It allows your phone to reset Wi-Fi, Mobile data, and Bluetooth to their initial states. Follow the steps below to reset network settings.

1.Navigate to Settings. Search for and select Reset network settings.

2.Tap Reset settings, and then tap Reset settings again.

3.If needed, enter your phone security credentials, and then tap Reset.

0 Likes
MurdochMike
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you. Did reset but did not solve issue.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please delete the paired device (S20) from your vehicle bluetooth and try to setup a fresh connection from the vehicle and check it.

0 Likes
GSam
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi, In my case (2015 Sprinter Van & Note 20 5G Ultra), I have to set up Bluetooth separately for call & audio to get it to work. Also need to select audio to listen to the music and gps instructions but it will pause to answer the phone call. During the setup, it has options for phone and audio. Hope it may help.
0 Likes
MurdochMike
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks GSam, I'll try that. It seems to work if I'm on the phone and GPS is running, I get the gps directions over the call.
I drive many different vehicles in my job and have new set ups in each vehicle. Frustrating.
0 Likes
GSam
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
🙃 Unfortunately.
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, if your issue is still not resolved, we suggest you to perform back up and reset and check if you able to listen music via Bluetooth.
This feature will completely erase your personal information and data.

Important: Please perform a backup and save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered.
If you have an encrypted microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card.

From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then use the on-screen prompts. From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset.
Next, tap Factory data reset again, and then review the information.
When you are ready, swipe to and tap Reset.
If you have a security lock set on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials.
To delete all information and downloaded apps, tap Delete all.
Your phone will reset when it turns back on, it will start from the initial setup screen.

0 Likes