Original topic:

Bluetooth connection menu (S10e)

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 07:55 AM)
johnwait
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I own a Samsung Galaxy S10e running OneUI 2.1 on Android 10, coming from a Galaxy S7 edge and other previous Galaxy S devices.

When turning on Bluetooth through its Quick Panel toggle, a Bluetooth connection menu *always* appears at the bottom of the screen, causing (among other things) the disruption / reduction of any running instance of Google Maps to a tiny pop-up. In essence, when I turn on Bluetooth that connection menu has never been of much use to me since I always rely on BT to then auto-connect to whichever other device I have paired with my phone, which it always does.

My question: Is there a setting that prevents that connection menu from appearing at all, and thus have the action of turning Bluetooth on to simply, just turn on Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy S
I think you can edit the button order for your quick menu.

Swipe down all the way to see quick menu, click 3 dots, click button order. You can drag the bluetooth icon on top row.

If your device has been connected before, the connection menu should not popup. Unless you press and hold the bluetooth icon.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Tallman.

Hi johnwait, Please try the resolution provided by Tallman. Usually, there is no such setting available to not display that pop-up screen at the bottom when you enable Bluetooth. The pop-up screen shows the near by devices and list of all paired devices.

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
If I'm reading this correctly 🤷

When you turn on Bluetooth it's showing the menu of connectable devices?

I usually leave Bluetooth on, when I get in my car it auto connects, unless I have connected to another accessory, but if I have Bluetooth off and turn it on and I have earbuds or something else Bluetooth within RANGE,/or not/it asks what I like to connect to. I usually just leave Bluetooth on.
🤙