Original topic:

broken screen

(Topic created on: 05-25-2017 08:59 PM)
rad
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
my s8 was knocked out of my hand and the screen broke.
no repair shops have parts yet and was told late June.
if I want to get a quote from Samsung to fix it who do I contact.
thanks
0 Likes
14 Comments
Galaxy S
Well I know that Samsung has authorized shops to repair phones, take a look at this!
http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I called a authorised dealer no parts till end of June.
0 Likes
steel1
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Give Samsung customer service a call at 18007267864.

0 Likes
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
thanks
0 Likes
Galaxy S
they will tell him the same thing... call a Samsung authorized repair center trust me
0 Likes
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
again I did that already lol no parts till June
0 Likes
Galaxy S
ya even samsung customer service center will say the same.. no parts :(
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
My s8 fell off the couch (not even two feet high) and onto the floor and the front glass cracked. Crack went from corner all away around the glass. So much for using a Samsung case that Samsung sold me. In 25 years of owning mobile phones, this is the first time that's had physical damage. Never had an issue, and I've owned newer devices like a few of the iPhones, LG G2, Galaxy S Captivate, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6, and Galaxy S7.

But to add salt to the wound, I called the Samsung service center and they said they do not have replacement screens and to try back in a couple weeks. They said it could be over a month before they device is repaired (glad I paid a grand for a premium device). If it does take that long I'll suck it up and switch to something that will have decent service, like an iPhone.

I hope they can just replace the glass as they said it could be over $400 in parts for the complete screen.
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for the info .
0 Likes