Original topic:

call recording in malaysia

(Topic created on: 02-25-2021 10:55 PM)
YenChe
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Why samsung s20 ultra cannot have call recording? Are all new handphone couldnt have call recording or only Samsung? Even downloaded an app called ACR also cannot function! If i knew only samsung doesnt hv call recording, i wont buy this phone.

#callrecording
Samsung_LnkuD8e
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Realme 9. Also can manually record if u wanted to. I guess its abou the companies legality to abide a certain country laws. Which samsung's best policies to comply it for their quality of services. But truly, i want the recording call function too! So sad. I'm using s20. 

0 Likes
KYKX
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
well Madam recording call is not available in malaysia
0 Likes
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Call recording in Malaysia is quite consider as illegal, you must inform the other party before you start recording calls... just like when you call any helpline, it will inform you that the call might be recorded for quality and training purposes...

what you wanted to do is consider secretly recording calls without the other party concern and knowledge... even you wanted to report someone on what they said over the phone by turning in the recorded conversation, you must first prepare yourself to get into trouble by recording the calls in a illegal method...

Under the law, it's actually illegal for Malaysian citizens to do so. This is stated in the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 where those without lawful authority can't intercept or attempt to intercept, any form of communication.

0 Likes
Johan919
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Can i know why it categories illegal in Malaysia...???
0 Likes
Snappeddragon
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

There are regions outside of Malaysia do offer call recording feature. In some other brand smartphone which has call record feature but when the call is being recorded, there is a beep sound or some kind of notification sound, so that the other party is aware that the call is being recorded. Because of this matter, I actually prefer to use a non Samsung Malaysia set instead.

By the way, I've owned a Samsung Korean region set it can record the conversation loud and clear. The reason for the purpose is due to I'm a forgetful person. I need to recall back what my client says after a long conversation.

0 Likes
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Before your post, there are similar post about call recording.
To answer your post, some region offered call recording but not Malaysia.
0 Likes
bairava
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung m32 why not have call record
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Read the above explanation bro. 👌🏻
0 Likes
Snappeddragon
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oppo,Huawei,Vivo,Xiaomi all can record.I need this feature to trace back my conversation with my client.
0 Likes
Snappeddragon
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Apps like Whatsapp can recall voice messages.That is also some form of conversation recording, so ban also Whatsapp.
0 Likes