Original topic:

Camera issue?

(Topic created on: 12-25-2021 10:28 PM)
inspgadget
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
My camera has started acting strange. Only in portrait mode. The screen goes green and I can't take a picture.  Works fine in photo mode  Anyone else have this issue?
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Known issue for a number of people. For some reason not everyone who has updated to One UI V4.0 is experiencing this. 

You could try resetting the camera, or clearing cache & data for the camera, but it may not fix anything. 

You could also try a Factory Reset, but no idea if that will resolve the issue?

You could send an Error Report to Samsung by Clicking on "Get Help" in the Samsung Members app & then Diagnostics & Send Feedback & Error Reports. 

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi inspgadget, I suggest you to try the suggestions provided by RedDogRabbit and get back to us with the results.

Open the camera application >> Tap Settings >> Tap General >> Select Reset and Yes.

inspgadget
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I tried that but the problem persists.
0 Likes
inspgadget
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I sent an error report to Samsung and they recommended a soft reset which seems to have fixed the problem!
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi inspgadget, I am glad that the issue got resolved. As you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
majhewalebhau
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I have galaxy s21 and having same issue and done factory reset also.... It needs update to fix but sadly Samsung also not accepting that it's bug... They are saying last solution is factory reset only
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Navjotchahal, I suggest you to generate an error report. Please use the Samsung Members app to generate the error report by using the below link so that the team can review the Log Files.

In step 5, please select the "Application" category. In step 6, Please check "send the system log data". https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-submit-an-error-report/

0 Likes