Original topic:

Can't hear the phone ring or the caller. No sound for anything!

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 12:17 PM)
Synfull
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have checked settings and sound is selected. But my phone won't ring and I can't hear the person on the phone 
Help. Please.
7 Comments
Alain47
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Sorry for having disturbing you so i will pass on this one. Au revoir
0 Likes
Alain47
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You didn't tell me if it had worked so what's the point of helping
0 Likes
Synfull
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It worked fine yesterday
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Your phone doesn't ring, AND you can't hear the other person speaking, or?

If you're using Zedge, I had selected a custom ringtone, & for whatever reason, the selected ringtone didn't actually make any sound.

Try changing the ringtone from what you have selected & test.

If it's also a problem with not being able to hear the person speaking, is it just one person, or everyone?

Check that you do ACTUALLY have the volume turned up & try with the speakerphone & see if you can hear them that way?

More info would be useful. 

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I suggest you to try to restart your device and check if you can hear the phone ringing. Also, I suggest you contact your carrier for assistance.

0 Likes
Synfull
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have restarted several times. It does say That all systems are muted.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey Synfull,
Please make sure that your phone is updated to the latest version. Samsung always recommended to keep the device up to date to get a better experience from it.
Go to Settings> Software update> Download and Install> Download.

Then, perform the Mic test on the Samsung Members app.
Open the Samsung Members app> Tap on Get Help> Interactive checks> Select Mic.

You can also verify these steps to verify the ringtone option.
Make sure the device has sound mode enabled to receive a ringtone.
Go to settings > Sounds and vibration > Sound mode > Select the Sound option > tap the return button (at the bottom of the screen) > Select the Ringtone option > Select a ringtone from the list available > tap the return button (at the bottom of the screen > Select the Volume option > Increase the sound of the Ring option as desired > tap the home button.

If the problem persists, please contact the live chat support or text WECARE to (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange the pick-up service and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339).
The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service center and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices.

0 Likes