Original topic:

Can we see a simple video editor?

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 03:43 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S

As per the title, Can we legitimately see at least a simple video editor app? As to many others as well, it is quite frustrating to know that Samsung doesn't have a video editor app for which us, users, can edit, merge, add sound, and properly edit our clips. With the Samsung S20 series having unspeakable camera features, and that Samsung even recorded their Unpacked 2020 with the S20, how can you believe that Samsung doesn't have a proper video editing app. iOS allows users to edit their clips in a simple yet elegant timeline which can even complete the basic edits. That is what I am requesting to please make a proper video editing app so we can edit our clips PROPERLY with a TIMELINE. With our great Samsung 4K camera's, it is hard to edit footage on third-party apps because it is just ridiculous. Hundreds of third-party apps on the play store offer some capabilities but suddenly diminish due to the fact that they have a time limit, watermark, or even a premium subscription. As some of you may argue, you can say that the Gallery app has a video editor but it is completely ludicrous. You can only drag clips to rearrange the order and can't add multiple texts or even voice-overs. With millions of people having Samsung devices, it is a big struggle to know the fact that you cannot even simply edit or combine videos. 

ios13-ipad-pro-imovie-edit-clip

What I, and many others, are asking for shouldn't be a big struggle or come through a software update. We just want a proper video editing app, available via Galaxy store or Playstore, that can get the job done with a special timeline from which you can trim clips, add transitions, control audio volume, add texts and filters. We just want these basic features. Just something to have for us to edit our professional 4K clips, that won't lag and would keep the same beautiful frame rate and resolution. Samsung has accomplished some great feats especially in 2020. I really do believe that Samsung can do this. Samsung always listens to its customer's feedback and suggestions. I know this. Its how Samsung lives on, for the millions of users. I really do appreciate if my feedback makes a difference. I just want others' lives to be easy and simple with the Samsung environment and services. C'mon Samsung, lets see you do it!

Best regards,

@Makeanimationssmooth

14 Comments
Galaxy S
Hey makeanimationssmooth, I am not sure if you know this or not. Actually Samsung has the simple video editor for the video. It can do all your asking like, trim, merge, add sound...etc.

All you have to do is open the video using Samsung video, click 3 dots on top right. Click Editor and you can edit the video.
Galaxy S
I know of this. It is only for a single clip and there is no adequate timeline for which we can overlay clips or texts
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Tallman , i'm happy than you answer her, she asked the same question January 23 in this post :

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/why-doesnt-samsung-have-a-video-editor/m-p/3510862#M633...

Galaxy S
Oh...I didn't know she asked already. Thanks Cassidy. 😅
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Tallman, i was using Adobe Premiere has recommend by my friend CHMultimedia, but now i will try the Samsung editor to see what can be done faster...i also took a screenshot to help people to find the way to access editor via Samsung Video. Just check the picture 😛 and thanks again.

Galaxy S
cant even compare that video editor with what I'm talking of
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
yup as you say its already there... lol
Galaxy S
you guys dont even understand
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Sigh. That's got to be the third time you asked. You ask for advanced features to be made available for free. It ain't gonna happen, especially since Samsung partnered with Adobe for Premiere Rush (which apparently has specific improvements for Samsung as per Steve01 IIRC) and the rest of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. All you can expect is just the most basic software