Original topic:

Canada, Samsung S10 Mic not Working during call

(Topic created on: 12-02-2020 07:11 PM)
Perrier
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hello samsung and samsung community,

Before my S10, I had an S9+, worked perfectly until one day I tried to make a phone call and the other person could not hear me. 

When I tried to test the mic using the camera, when I speak through the upper mic, my voice was clear, but through the bottom one it seemed muffed, my guess is that sound was captured from the upper mic, but because I was far from it, it could not capture a clear sound. I thought maybe I have dropped it a couple of times and that it's my fault that I was not using a protective case and I am the one responsible.
Anyway I carried on with my S9+ and always used my headphone to make phone calls until I upgreaded to my current S10.

Yesterday I was making phone calls everything is fine, and today I am having the same problem I had with my S9+. But I have not dropped my phone in the last 3 months. I am starting to think it may be build quality problem as there are plenty of people having the same problem as me on r/samsungs10 subreddit.

Anybody having the same issue with their S10?

0 Likes
6 Comments
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
take a pin 📌 and clean it out.. note do not jam it in but softy move out the junk.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Perrier,
Please perform the Mic test on your phone using the Samsung members app and get back to us with the results.
Open the Samsung members app> Tap on GetHelp option> Select Interactive checks> Check the Mic option.
Then restart your device once and check if it works.

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Perrier, Could you please let us know the status of the issue. Is the issue got resolved?

Perrier
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Sorry I am not very busy on this plateform, and I cannot reply to everyone. Although, thank you for your comments it's really appreciated. So, my S10 decided to work after 3 hours of time. and never had that problem after that. This was really intriguing so I decided to pick up my S9+ that I've put aside since mid-summer for the exact microphone problem. I tried calling a friend via Messenger and there was no problem with it at all 🤔🤔🤔. I really don't understand this. I have deliberately shaken the S9+ because I thought maybe the mic was somehow "back to its place" to try and move it (I thought maybe it wasn't secured in its place) and it still works, TO THIS DAY. I am very much confused about this and I have started to believe that it is a software issue, but then I tried to restart both phones when they had the problem, several times, and nothing changed. I don't know. Samsung if you're reading this, I will gladly send you any error log from my phone if you want to take a deeper look at this.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey Perrier,
Great to know that both the devices are working fine now. I suggest you to follow the steps from the below link to generate the error report from the Samsung Members app so that our team can review the Log Files and will get back to you. In step 5, please select the "Application" category. In step 6, Please check "send the system log data".
Here is the link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-submit-an-error-report/

0 Likes
LittleOralAndie
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

You home aad
0 Likes