Original topic:

Canadian S20 5g e-sim enable

(Topic created on: 10-21-2020 07:20 AM)
lupinaro
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi

I bought a new Unlocked S20 5G on Friday from Best Buy and returned it yesterday. I was under the impression that the e-sim in the phone was enabled. It was not.

Is there any confirmation or date that this will happen with a software upgrade or not? I am about to buy another iPhone but love the feel of the Samsung. My friend also returned his as there is no confirmation and everything is very unclear....

I need the e-sim for my business line.

Regards

Michél

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
LOL so lame
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung hasn't enabled them on the S20 series. I don't have it on my zflip either even though freedom mobile does support it. Samsung did not give me an **bleep** or even a yes or no if it will be enabled via software. The option is definitely there in settings.
0 Likes
GUSER21
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I basically just requested to return my s20 g5 FE i just got over this, I hate to have to go to an iphone in order to get my esim going.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
you got to do what you got to do.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
lol why did E.T.A bleep out? whats so bad with this word?? or is it because Samsung doesn't ever have any LMAO
Odysseas
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Thats very good news.

when this will happen?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

Hi Keagan,

I have heard that Samsung fold 2 has been enabled with the esim with a patch in europe and that all run on Qualcomm SD865. What you have said in your post, is it for S20 series or the Fold 2 phones. Please clarify.

Thanks

Randy

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Samsung Members, 

The eSIM activation will be available with upcoming software applied Qualcomm patch for supporting eSIM.
Therefore, please check for updates to your device SW regularly via the FOTA or Smart Switch PC.
Note : The release date of software update may differ by country and region.
gordo42
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
is there an update when the first region will likely see this update? 2020? 2021? 2027?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi gordo42, We don't have the information about the release schedule of the update. Samsung will post the information on the website when it is available. 

https://news.samsung.com/ca/

0 Likes