Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Charging Block

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 06:56 AM)
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I understand it is recommended to only use Samsung Chargers and Cords for my Samsung devices, however, the S22 obviously didn't come with a block, only a cord. So Ive had to use previous Samsung device charging blocks. I have a couple of questions... What volt and amps of the block are too high for my phone? Which would be too low? What's the ideal volt and amp combo for my phone? I know that my S22 supports up to 25W charging, but the watts will only tell you how fast it will charge, right? And the cord that came with the S22, is a 5 something? How do you know what rating a cord is if needing to use a different one? Sorry for all the questions, I've tried Google to figure it out but I'm still confused by the whole thing 😊
6 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
S22 is support fast charge 25W charging. The max charging is 11V and 2.25A. If you multiply these 2 numbers, you get 24.75W.

S22 also support 45W super fast charge charging, however, the benefit only 8 minutes faster than 25W charging. Also the phone will generate more heat due to high voltage and amps.

There are 2 types of cables you can use. USB-A to USB-C. Or USB-C to USB-C, which depends on your charging block end. The other end to phone must be USB-C.
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
That's good to know, thanks for making it make sense 😊 I currently use 2 different Samsung Blocks one is 5.3V 2.0A and the other is 5V 1.55A and they heat up, causing the device to heat up, whether it be my S22, my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite or my Powerbank, even my bfs S21 will heat up when charging making us unplug and plug back in several times during a charge. We use the same power bar everytime. Why would they be heating up with a lower charge rate?
Galaxy S
I cannot say my S22 is cool while charging. It is warm while charging. But not hot. So slightly warm is normal. But like @RobertZ said, get an OEM charger is better.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
It shouldn't heat up. Mine doesn't.

Get the 25W charger from Samsung. It's $25. Use a good cable .
0 Likes
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Im thinking i may have to just do that. I even tried wireless charging off my S20 and within 5 minutes, it got hot. But the one plug in in my kitchen, if I plug anything in there, nothing heats up....
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Atsirt, we are happy to see that your query is resolved.

Kindly write back to us for further assistance.

0 Likes