Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Chat feature on Messages app

(Topic created on: 08-28-2021 11:30 PM)
ChowKee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Does anybody know if the chat feature on the messages app of samsung available for Globe or Smart? I'm using Smart and it keeps on saying registration failed. I know this chat feature also acts the same as the google messages app. 
22 Comments
Galaxy S
I'm on Smart Prepaid and yes, it works. I can also message my friends who are using RCS too even if they're using the Messsages App by Google. A blue icon appears beside their profile picture.Screenshot_20210829-144248_Messages.png
ChowKee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
That's weird. I'm on Smart postpaid, but it keeps on saying registration failed on the samsung messages app. Downloaded the google messages app, made it default. But keeps on saying "trying to verify".
Galaxy S
The Google Messages should be more reliable when it comes RCS but I still prefer using Samsung's stock Messages app. Try turning off your WiFi/Data and on again, take your sim out, or clear the Google Message's cache and see if it verifies faster.

To be honest, Samsung's Messages when it comes to RCS is a hit or miss. Some updates breaks and fix it for me. The recent August patch made it work again on my device. That's why some of us have varying mileage when it comes to this.
ChowKee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Didn't try the turn off turn on wifi/data yet. But i cleared cache and data on both messages app of samsung and google. I'll try that.
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Use your mobile data (turn off your wifi) when you try to set up your chat features on Samsung messages app. I'm on globe postpaid and it works for me..
ChowKee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I will try that step. Does it matter if it's LTE or 5G signal?
cdely
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
im on globe prepaid 4g and it works. not everybody on my contacts list though.
ChowKee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This is really weird. I just recently bought this s21 ultra 5g but it keeps on saying registration failed on the samsung messages app and trying to verify status on the google messages app
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
That verify error is really a long wait time though. But I subscribe to the beta program and it verified instantly. Try it.