Original topic:

Chat Services Registration

(Topic created on: 11-18-2022 10:46 AM)
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I recently changed the mobile number for my esim and got a notification in the Samsung messages app to register for chat services. However, when I try to do so, I keep getting registration failure. Does anyone know why it's saying registration failed?

0 Likes
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Are you using Samsung's Messages or Google Messages on your device?

You should be using Google Messages.

You can try Clearing Cache & Data for Google Messages (Settings > Apps Search for "Google Messages" & scroll down to Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data & Reboot.

Try to enable Chat Features again. 

Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm using Samsung messages. I don't use google messages. The issue occurs when I try to register my esim.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, Samsung's Moderators are also advising people to switch to Google's Messaging app.

Is the eSIM functioning properly otherwise?

There's countless other posts where Samsung's Moderators are advising people to switch to Google's Messaging app as well 😊 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/advance-messaging-disabled-on-s21-ultra/td-p/18692255

Screenshot_20221118_103406.jpg

Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes, the esim is functioning correctly. Switching to the Google messaging app will be hard since I've grown attached to Samsung messages. 😁
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah I get loyalty / habits, but if the issue is with Samsung's Messaging app, then switching to Google's Messaging with Chat Features working, seems to be worth it 😉

Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok, I just tried the google messages app and was not impressed. It didn't use the font I'm using; it didn't show in the theme on the phone, and it just didn't match anything on my phone. My phone is customized heavily to my liking, and if an app isn't fitting in, then I would be bothered. So, for now, I'll hang on to the Samsung messages app and see what happens.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you RedDogRabbit.

Hi, that's good to hear that your problem with eSIM is solved.

We appreciate your efforts in performing the steps provided by RedDogRabbit.

Kindly write back to us if you need any further information.

0 Likes
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I fixed the issue. I had to call my service provider and ask them to reset both accounts (Sim and Esim), restart the phone, and the registration for chat services went through. I thought it might be a phone issue, but it turned out to be a network issue.