Original topic:

chat settings registration failed

(Topic created on: 10-17-2019 11:12 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Trying to enable the new feature for one on one chats and group chats with the new update and every time I try it says "registration failed". Anyone else getting this error or what am I doing wrong? 

(Update to my phone call with Samsung support)

Representative I talked to said in a few days there will be another update pushed out to resolve this issue and that developers are working on this issue right now. As I figured this has nothing to do with RCS by the sounds of it and will be similar to iMessage I'm thinking. 
52 Comments
RTlightning
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
same
0 Likes
tylermulhall
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Just installed the newest update, August security patch, my s10e now shows chat settings but every time I try to open it, says there is a connection problem. I'm with Koodo.
LordKillaKAPO
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
telus here not working either it wont register at all
0 Likes
Cparker06
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Do we know when an update will be sent out in order for it to possibly work if it isn't connected to the RCS? Just because I'm with Koodo with my s10 and I keep getting a fail registration notification as well.

0 Likes
EazyTurk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm with Telus and it's failing to register. Had issues prior that it wouldnt even open the register pop up, kept failing to open the register popup. I fixed it by going to apps finding message and force stopping the app, incase something similar is happening to anyone else do that. 

0 Likes
Rugbychick
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i get this error msg all the time and hasnt been working
0 Likes
tnovello
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
koodo is Telus so will have the same issues. Telus only offering this service to the Google pixel lineup so far. the rep I talked to said they are still unsure of when Telus will be opening the feature up to other devices
0 Likes
qwnbe
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
awesome thanks for posting the info I was wondering why aswell
0 Likes
Abyss13
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have Telus. Still nothing
0 Likes
Ali