Original topic:

Compact Phone

(Topic created on: 10-16-2020 02:50 PM)
Ralphpjb
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
SAMSUNG please do another type of S10e. That phone check ✔ all the main box for me: size, ram (8 GB RAM), lots of internal memory (256 GB), micro SD slot and good battery. The extra hardware features that I like on the S10e are headphone jack, flat screen, side fingerprint scanner (on the power button). 😍
4 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Ralphpjb, We are taking this as your suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to give us your ideas on the upcoming releases.

Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

I totally agree that phones are getting to big and just keep getting bigger.

For a smaller person with smaller hands to hold them and smaller pockets to carry them the phones are getting ridiculously large.

I have no use for watching videos on my phone as I have tablets, computers and TVs to do that and do not need a large phone screen which just adds to the price.

Samsung is increasing the price of their phones to the point that everybody is just going to switch to a more reasonable priced device and eventually Samsung is not going to sell many high priced phones.

It is pretty bad when Apple that used to have ridiculously priced phones look really cheap to buy compared to Samsung phones.

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
money really. they are making a bunch of devices at high price points mostly to see what they can sell. then they rachet the price up from there Y.O.Y, until they don't sell well anymore, then start the process over again . look at the galaxy S line? sales numbers dropping Y.O.Y the closer to the $1000 threshold they got. as soon as they hit or when over $1000. sales number sank like a rock. you don't need to be a marketing guru to see why. also yes I agree the devices are getting crazy large and very difficult to handle in day to day life.

$700 is about the sweet spot i think, it's just difficult to give customers the proper value for the price. mostly because of greed and large profits OEMs what. the galaxy S20 FE is a decent attempt. so it shows samsung isn't that oblivious to it. it's mostly marketing and profits that get in the way.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi TBone, 

Across our portfolio, Samsung is trying to offer a variety of devices, so consumers have the freedom to choose the Galaxy experience that’s right for them. However, we take it as your feedback.

0 Likes