Original topic:

Considering ROOTING MY S7

(Topic created on: 04-18-2019 02:19 PM)
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Ok... I've been on the edge of REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanting to root my phone. And I say this because I know a few people who have the new Pie update. So, for y'all expert rooters, who have rooted their phone before, (@Shaggyskunk1, don't you have a rooted S7??) But, I'm VERY nervous to do it. So I'm wondering if someone could tell me STEP BY STEP what to do, so I don't mess anything up. And I also need to know how I'd go about downloading Pie after rooting??? Thanks 🥒
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ok- I've started doing TONS of research, taking notes, and watching vids of how to do all this. I will have to do it on the weekend as that's the only time techy wiz cousin can come by- By the way- Tell Ivan (you said you knew him on xda) that I got a good laugh out of his post code on the custom ROM!
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Is that the ROM you have used when you rooted your S7?
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Wait... So you can flash several ROMs after rooting?!
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Oh my word... So, lets make sure I understand this: once you root the phone, you install Titanium backup, backup all my files (texts, pictures, app settings) and then flash into recovery mode after you install custom ROM? And, is unlocking the bootloader the same thing as rooting?
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ok, it's finally starting to make sense! Lol. I'm gonna need YouTube tutorials on how to do the file download stuff, just to make sure.
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Haha- That's scary. Who knows- maybe one day I might be flashing phones for a living, and be saying "skunk taught me..."
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
One more question...
Will titanium backup be able to back up all my texts after installing ROM?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You mean will Titanium be able to restore all your texts? I use SMS Backup & Restore for texts & calls - But yeah I believe that Titanium would as well... but I didn't use it for that - I was using Titanium to backup & restore all my apps - TWRP will restore EVERYTHING to the point that you made a TWRP Nandroid.
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ok. That's good. Lol.
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ok... I have a huge favour to ask of you... I've been getting kind of confused at the order in which I should take these steps, so would you be able to tell me the order of the steps I take after downloading the files to my computer and phone??
0 Likes