Original topic:

Contact name on phone and Android Auto

(Topic created on: 06-24-2022 05:19 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
OK this is an odd one..
At some point last month, I had changed the name of one of my contacts, but Google assistant won't pick it up so I changed it to back to the peesons actual name. However, whenever the person texts or calls me, shows up as her actual name on my phone but when connected to Android auto shows up as the one that I had changed it to briefly. 

I have deleted and re added the contact, deleted and re-paired for Android auto, not sure what else to try? It's like Android auto is so enamored with the name I had given to the contact a month ago lol! 
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try changing the contact's name to RDR lol 

Someone had posted something about Android Auto being replaced? 

Here's a link with some more info.

https://9to5google-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/9to5google.com/2022/06/06/google-assistant-driving-mod...

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Lol if I change it to RDR, I am sure my car navigation screen will blow up lol
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, have you tried clearing cache for Android auto app?

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No I didn't even think of that! I will do that next and see what happens! Thank you
0 Likes
kschepps
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Did anyone find a solution to this issue? My phone number is showing up as my wife's name when she is connected to Android Auto. She even changed phones (S21 to S23) and cars (Ford to Toyota), and the issue persists. 

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Even cars? Wow.. lol. It didn't bother me that much, nor could I afford that, haha!
I cleared all cache and deleted the contact from everywhere I could think of, cleared Android auto cache and storage, and repaired my phone as new to my car. It hasn't happened since.
0 Likes