Original topic:

Contacts going to trash

(Topic created on: 10-14-2022 07:29 PM)
will57
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, has anyone experienced contacts going to trash automatically? Even after restoring from trash, i notice contacts go back to trash.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we would like to suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Step 1. We shall perform soft reset on your device and no data will effected in this process. Here is the procedure to follow: press and hold power button + volume down button at the same time for at least 10-15 seconds to restart the device.

Step 2 : Clear individual Cached Data Settings > Apps > Contacts > Storage > Clear Cache.

Step 3 : Software Update Kindly check for any new software update on your device.

If you find any difficulties get back to us, we are here to help you.

0 Likes
will57
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi Nylah, thanks for responding. After doing the steps, it still moves the contacts to the trash.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Are you using WhatsApp by any chance? 

Another member here reported an issue regarding WhatsApp & it being possibly responsible for the contacts being moved trash? 

Yeah, none of the Moderators suggestions were going to fix anything. 

h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
But they try.lol
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

And occasionally, very trying 🙄😁

will57
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
i do have whatsapp, but i dont think thats the issue. I tried stopping the sync function, and the contacts stop moving to trash as well. Must be an issue with the sync software? Or google?
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, just to confirm is your issue is resolved after performing the above steps?

0 Likes
will57
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Problem is, if i stop syncing, it wont update my information across. Is that the only way to resolve this?
0 Likes