Original topic:

Contacts stored on Samsung.com

(Topic created on: 06-23-2021 08:49 PM)
Samsung_DMR70kv
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

My S7 died. Completely inaccessible and non-responsive to all special keypresses, etc. I would like to download my contacts from where ever Samsung stores them so that I have a copy for my personal use. I'm assuming it is my private data and I should be able to access it and control it even without a Samsung phone (or any phone for that matter). Any ideas how to do this?

8 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Do you have a Gmail account? If yes, just synchronise your contacts on your new phone.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That will only help, if he had enabled sync for his Google account.. 

Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
That's what I said
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You said that he should Sync the contacts on his NEW phone, but if he didn't sync his contacts on his old phone, he won't have anything to sync. 

Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
You have to configure your existing Gmail account on the new phone, then you sync the contacts. Hope they were saved in Gmail.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Unfortunately, you cannot access cloud storage data on non-Samsung devices.  As suggested by our Community members you can download contacts from Gmail if you have enabled the sync for your Google account. Thanks for the response RedDogRabbit and Montreal1.

0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Are you saying Samsung will let us access OUR own private data that THEY collected whenever we wish?

Haha you're funny.
Samsung_DMR70kv
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

@valeriya - Our corporation has moved to another manufacturer and no, Google sync was not done. Would I be able to 'borrow' someones Samsung phone and download my contacts, maybe export them in a common format to import on my new, non-Samsung, phone? Can multiple Samsung accounts be accessed from a single phone?

0 Likes