Original topic:

contacts

(Topic created on: 05-27-2023 12:22 PM)
tofii
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
minor issue but after the last phone update (early may 2023 or something) I can no longer change/add profile photos for my contacts or customize ringtones. sad:( am I missing something? 

edit: forgot to add basic info lol 
samsung galaxy s22 
trying to change through contacts app (I looked up a yt video hahah) but I tried different ways of accessing the same place as well (like thru messages and phone) 
looked online and others have said too that they were unable to do this after the update. 
Contacts are saved to my SIM, and the editing option does not let me change the image or ringtone, just name, number and email. 
0 Likes
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Where are you trying to change images and ringtones, and what device do you have. 

Are you saving your Contacts to your Google Account, or SIM, Samsung Account? 

Samsung's Contacts (ie: not Google contacts, although it should still work as well) > Click on the Contact & then Edit to change both the Contact's image & Ringtone > Click on "Save". 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't save your Contacts to your SIM! Save them to your Google Account, then you'll be able to edit the images and the Ringtones. 

0 Likes
tofii
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
ah ok! thank u for the tip!
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, as said by RedDogRabbit save your contacts to your Google account. So that, you can edit them.

Please don't save the contacts to SIM. You can't have a Contact Picture if you store it on the SIM Card. Save in Google Account or Phone Storage!

0 Likes