Original topic:

contacts

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 03:20 AM)
rocky
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
hi,
can someone help me what to do with my contact list, i am using s7 edge. i don't have this problem b4, but now i have multiple "unknown" and this "Thala" and a chinese " 林家安工務機“ persons adding itself in my contact list, yes i mean 100s of same name "unknown". after deleting them and restarting my phone, they appeared again. i have clicked on their details but nothing showed up. please help.....
5 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi rocky, Please go to the contacts app and check the contact's list (for example - All contacts, Samsung Account, Phone, etc.,) being displayed. 

0 Likes
rocky
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thank u, i did click on that person, checked the details and nothing showed up even on samsung or Google acct button doesn't showed up too. just only the option to delete and so i deleted them. after a few minutes they showed up and added themselves into my contact list again
0 Likes
rocky
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i meant, when u click on a name, it will shows samsung or google acct. but under those unknown persons details, u can't see the 2 accts. but they are gone for now after i keep on deleting them when they appear while i am watching on my list. weird though i think there is a virus hitting the android phone with android version 8.0
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi rockey, Please scan your mobile device by following the path below.

Open Settings app >> Device management >> Device security >> SCAN

I suggest you to backup all your data and perform a factory reset and check if the problem got resolved.

0 Likes
rocky
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thank u very much for ur immediate reply and help, btw, thry don't appear anymore but i will still follow ur advice.have a great one....