Original topic:

copying albums from desktop to phone

(Topic created on: 06-29-2019 12:27 AM)
wlcutler
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I name and reduce the size on my best photos and got the bright idea one year to copy those back to my phone. When I look at my phone using the Gallery app, I see several albums, exactly like ones on my computer. When I now look for a place to copy new albums from my desktop to the phone, I can't find where they go. I don't see any albums under the phone's DCIM folder when I look from Windows explorer on my desktop.

How did I copy the folders when I did it before? I just now tried copying an album to the Camera folder under DCIM (on the device, not SD card). It did create the new album on the phone, but it shows as a separate folder in Windows explorer, whereas the existing 20 or so albums do not show up in Windows Explorer. How did they get to be separate albums on the phone without showing up in Windows Explorer?

1 Comment
Galaxy S
I don't know - Maybe it's just too early for me - But that just all sounds REALLY complicated - If you want to copy pictures from your computer to your phone - Start with making a folder on your phone - either internal storage or your external sd card - Name it whatever you want - Connect your phone to the computer - Open the location of the pictures you want to copy on the computer - Select the ones you want (or all) Copy to the folder you created on your phone & done - profit 🐧