Original topic:

Corrupt update- S10+ Won't work, no boot menu , just blue screen

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 05:52 AM)
wingsfanmom
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I have a s10+ that is 14 months old. I woke up this morning to a phone that was frozen, and the icons on the main screen looked slightly bigger. I reset the phone and since then have had a blue screen saying that an error occurred while updating the device software, to hook it up and use emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software. I did that, but when I hooked it up and select emergency software recovery, nothing comes up. i think something has become corrupted in the partition or something, but I'm not sure. This is 100% related to the update it tried doing lastnight. 144821575_1075105286291890_8736483779072414702_n.jpg

What do I do next? How do I fix this?

0 Likes
9 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You'll probably have to go to a Samsung's service Center...

I hope @CHMultimedia or somebody  else have another solution for this...😕

JeanQCsimon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

eille tétâit pô supposer êtr ein vra du kabac??? té tu un DRALISS mintant?

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi wingsfanmom, Your device needs to be examined by the authorized technician to know the root cause of the issue. Please note that due to Government COVID regulations, most of the service centers would be operating with curbside pick up/drop off or non-functional depending on the locality. Please contact the live chat by using the link below and they help you set up the service. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

wingsfanmom
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks, I located a service center and going there tomorrow. Hoping they can just reinstall all my software and it will be good to go.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks for the response. Please let us know if you need any further assistance or information from us.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hello, when you plug your device to your computer and use Smart Switch PC, have you tried clicking on the "Plus" button on the top left and selected the Emergency Recovery function?
wingsfanmom
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yes, I have and it comes up with a blank screen, with no software "failures". It's super weird as this happened overnight.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
In that case, I was about to suggest reflashing but since you're headed to a service centre, they should be able to do it for you.
0 Likes
wingsfanmom
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Unfortunately they can't help me, they're telling me to contact samsung as I need a new motherboard. It is corrupt and they cannot install new software.

:(

0 Likes