Original topic:

Custom Text Message Notifications Issue

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 11:11 PM)
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I've had quite the realization lately, I remember when Oreo first released, they took away the feature to set a custom text message notification sound for a certain contact. BUT, I was just looking through some text messages with my aunt and accidentally clicked the 3 dots in the top corner... and I saw that there was a notifications button. I clicked on it, and I noticed the option is back that says "Custom Tone" so, I selected that. But I'm confused, it didn't change anything. And there's no option to select WHAT that custom tone you want to have is. Am I missing something? I clicked the settings button next to it, but it just took me to the Messages app notification settings. 🥒

5 Comments
Galaxy S
Your Screen Shot shows that you Selected Default - Did you Click on Custom & then the Gear?
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Oh my goodness.... I'm such an idiot.... Lol. Ok. I clicked on custom now but nothing changed because when I clicked the gear it took me to Messages notification settings, which is how you change the notification tone for all your text messages... If that made sense
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You need enable the custom notification within the message group. Then click on custom notification to customize.
hazem
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I lost my massages how I can have it back
0 Likes
Pinner
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I just got an s10 and can't figure this out either. it used to be right in the contact. there is an option for custom ringtone but not text tone
0 Likes