Original topic:

Damage at Assurant facilities

(Topic created on: 05-13-2022 02:44 PM)
Jen_TO
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

I sent in my S9+ as per the trade-in agreement for my S22 Ultra. Now Assurant has come back to me and adjusted my trade in value saying the phone is damaged.

However... I took extensive pictures of the phone from every angle before sending it in. It was in excellent condition with no scratches and not even a nick, unless you took a microscope to it! I was very proud, as I take very good care of all my electronics! lol

I bubble wrapped it in multiple layers and an HD box, and sent it out to Assurant. So it has obviously been damaged at their end and I refuse to take the phone back in lieu of a trade in, when I sent it out in perfect condition.

I've only gotten the run around from representatives over Samsung Chat. Any recommendations? Has anyone else had this issue with Assurant as well?

5 Comments
manoti94
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, same here!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I really don't understand why anyone would subject themselves to Samsung's horrible trade in experience!

a) You get far more selling it privately.

b) There's never any question about the condition of the phone, it's in your control.

c) Struggling to get shipping labels.

D) See A, B, and C.

I know that this doesn't help you this time, but think of next time!

Good luck in sorting it out! 🤞

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We are sorry for the inconvinience caused to you.

We suggest you to contact our Online Shopping Team via live chat support for furture assistance.

Please visit the below link to contact Online Shopping Team.

They can check with Assurant and will help you to resolved it at the earliest.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#onlinesupport "

0 Likes
Jen_TO
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi Helenna, that is exactly what I've done several times, but their only response is that the backend team with get in touch and that still hasn't happened.
0 Likes