Original topic:

Data transfer problem

(Topic created on: 03-24-2023 01:43 PM)
Samsung_1kEqp5r
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I just got Samsung S23 Ultra. I transferred everything from my S21 Ultra by using Smart Switch. Everything is transferred except the contents of one app. This is an app for the private storage of images, docs etc. The app was transferred, but when I logged in with my password, there are no images there. When I checked the contents of the app, it shows that it has data and cache in the storage but the amount of the data is much smaller than in the old phone. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

There are some apps that Smart Switch can not backup & restore. 

It's possible that this particular app is one of these?

When you are making a Smart Switch Backup, there's usually an "*" or "!" that is supposed to draw your attention to them. 

Samsung_1kEqp5r
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thanks for your reply. There was no warning of any kind.

0 Likes
Wolexf
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Seeing that it's sort of a security app to protect your files, it will likely encrypt your files and smart switch might be unable to read it . You should probably research how to switch the data for that specific app there should be information about. Otherwise you might consider unlocking all the files and transfering them normally before reinstating the locking mechanism on the new phone
0 Likes