Original topic:

Deco pic app should be removed

(Topic created on: 01-27-2022 06:16 AM)
AramBa
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
The added DECO PIC app is added to my phone after the update. The app is for kids and i should be able to remove it from my phone. How does samsung thinks it is ok to add a ridiculously stupid app on the phone and can't be removed!

This my first ever comment about samsung and i hate what they did.

Thanks
13 Comments
Galaxy S
I have Deco pic as one of the apps on my S21 Ultra. If you don't want to use Deco Pic, just go into settings, scroll down to and tap apps, scroll down to Deco Pic, tap the app and there will be a choice at the bottom of the screen to either "enable" or "disable". Tap "disable" and you won't be able to use the app until it is enabled again.
Tinap
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The problem with not being able to remove is that it takes up space in your storage. I take a lot if pictures so I need my space. If I don't want or use the app then I should be able to remove it from MY phone. It is after all MY phone not the companies. Or at least it should be. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Or you can long press and hold on the icon and choose Disable, it will disappear.Screenshot_20220127-074127_One UI Home.jpg
AramBa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It is worse as it can't be disabled Screenshot_20220127-131912_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Blafsrukxsbj
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

But how do you uninstall?

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi AramBa, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, However as suggested by Tallman, you can disable it if you don't use it.

0 Likes
AramBa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It can't be disabledScreenshot_20220127-131912_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
Tinap
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Disabling the app does not give back the space the app takes up on the phone. I take a lot of pictures, so I need the space on my phone. The added, unwanted apps on my phone rob me of needed space.

Blafsrukxsbj
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

But how do you uninstall in order to free up space? 

0 Likes