Original topic:

Defective Screen S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 03-25-2023 02:10 PM)
Mayochup
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I noticed a square mark on my S23 Ultra centered around the fingerprint sensor, more visible when screen is OFF. #Samsung reps are telling me "it's normal". Well guess what, IT IS NOT NORMAL. I paid for flagship phone not to get cheap faulty screen!

Does you phone have this too?

17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I don't have your device, but I think that it's quite possible that it IS normal. 

Samsung has made several improvements to the FP Scanner on the S23 series, such as increasing the size of the FP scanner, which is possibly the reason why it is more visible when the screen is off. 

The old "I've paid for a Flagship device" line, most of the time is just based on ignorance. 

I don't know how many people will stare at their device's screen when it is Off anyway. 

Mayochup
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I said "more" visible when screen is off. It is still visbile when ON. What's the point of improving sensor when screen is not flawless as a result of embeding it? The ignorance you're talking about is not asking for your right in a perfect phone and giving companies applause for their mistakes in design, instead of pushing them to their boundaries, especially with the old "i paid for flagship" not for a copy chinese phone.
0 Likes
Wolexf
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I had the S23 Ultra for about 10 days before returning it but I certainly didn't observe it to have the mark yours has. Was it the reps in store that said it was normal or you just sent pictures to the online rep? If it's the online reps then I'd advise you visit an experience center or return the device and order another one if the window for return is still open.
Mayochup
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks man. It was an in-store guy who said it and said all of s23 ultra have this mark! He wants to convince me that is totally fine. I'm going there tomorrow to check other phones. Why did you return yours though?
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
It's not a mark. It's your fingerprint sensor.....

Did you think it worked with magic or something? Lol
Mayochup
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Dude we know it is the sensor! The question is why it is visible after so many generations.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Dude! Because of the angle and the fact you're projecting a light on it..
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Uhm, that is normal. All S23 models have that. It's the fingerprint sensor. Next time you go to a wireless store, check the S23 demos, and you'll see that all of them have it. It's not a defect.
Mayochup
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks. Will check it tomorrow. For such phones shouldn't the technology be better in hiding the sensor flawlessly after so much generations 🤦‍♂️. Someone should start talking about it
0 Likes