Original topic:

Delayed software updates in Canada

(Topic created on: 03-28-2023 07:03 AM)
hyphy84
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Is there anybody else concerned about delayed monthly security patches updates in Canada?
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

No I'm not concerned. 

Google has previously required OEMs to release Security Patch OTAs within 90 days of them being released by Google. 

This may however change with Android 13.

Canada is also likely to be a bit different from other countries, in that Samsung provides the updates directly from it's own servers, vs the US for example, where most (but not all) of the Carriers release the OTAs. 

Android is not Windows, and is no where near as vulnerable. 

Keep in mind that it's really only the manufacturers of Android "antivirus" software that are trying to push the "threat" of Android viruses. 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/android-13-require-samsung-to-adopt-seamless-updates/

hyphy84
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks!!
0 Likes
Drez007
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, me. I received March 1 security update for my S21 ultra. Still no March security update for my S23 Ultra??? Samsung needs to get their **bleep** together. The Us have received 2 updates. Including camera performance improvement. Samsung Canada is freaking Garbage.
Members_G60dOgK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes its true im waiting  for my s23ultra  march  security patch  and others getting april  update

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You'll likely be getting the April Security Patch OTA on April 12th.. 

31E-1.png

0 Likes
djvn
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
S23 still using single partition. I don't think Samsung will adopt seamless updates any time soon.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Samsung may not have a choice, if Google decides that it is a requirement. 

However, Samsung is likely to be one of Google's largest OS customers, so they will likely have some significant voice at the table. 

djvn
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I think there's not enough staff to handle Canadian OS updates. Canada is not a big market like US. So we will get less care...
hyphy84
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah i feel the same thing.
0 Likes