Original topic:

Device Heating

(Topic created on: 03-30-2021 01:48 PM)
Nagyy
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

My new Galaxy S21 came out with a message of device heating alert after 30 minutes from a video meeting call. Device was really hot, it was frozen for 3 minutes could not close the running apps, even there were very few and the call was till running though. I never had this issue in any previous android device I have ever been using for many years and I never expect it from S series!

21 Comments
Nagyy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
it is repeated again, the device S21 is heating up within the video meeting .. I cannot do my online work it's been disturbed alot. How come this happens with new device, is it software OR hardware issue. Please look into this issue
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Most like software
0 Likes
Nagyy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Software is upto date

Screenshot_20210330-211958_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Sometimes there's bugs even in updated software versions. You'll have to wait until they address the issue in the next software update if it is a software issue
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Also try using device maintenance, maybe it'll show which app is causing your phone to overheat.
Nagyy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
All video apps, I did the device optimizer and maintenance though it doesn't tell.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi Nagyy, try do a wipe cache partition.

- Power off your phone
- Plug USB-C cable at the bottom of your device
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partotion
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system

See if this help.
Nagyy
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks Tallmam. I tried it and I will see the results in the next video meeting. I will message back soon.
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Geeez!! Im experiencing the overheating issue right now. Definitely can be fixed with a software update
0 Likes