Highlighted
Active Level 4
There is a persistent "notification" in DeX on OneUI 2.5 for the touchpad notification, which cannot be dismissed. This means the notification area in the lower right next to the status icons and clock always shows "1" notification. It's also useless that you can no longer see what type of notification you have without clicking to expand the notificaiton area.

In OneUI 2.1 the notification area was much more useful as it actually had status icons for the type of notification, and didn't simply display an ambiguous number (which as mentioned is completely misleading thanks to persistent notifications).

Please bring back the notification style of OneUI 2.1 where there were icons that indicated what app caused the notification - the overly simplified "number" that necessitates clicking to expand the notification area is a huge step backward in user experience.
5 Comments
Highlighted

Hey nickthaskater,
Please add some screenshots of the notification in DeX which shows the exact issue, it will be helpful for better understanding.

Highlighted
Here you go, Halston.

Obviously I can't show what OneUI 2.1 looked like as I'm now on 2.5, but I would hope Samsung would have something to reference for comparison sake.
Highlighted

Thank you nickthaskater, for sharing the screenshots with us.

We are taking this as feedback and will forward your request to the concerned team.

Highlighted
Beginner Level 3
  • I agree with you. That change doesn't feel accurate. I miss how it was before the update. 
Highlighted
Beginner Level 4

Current taskbar of DeX 2.5 feels unfinished and unpolished. Massive space waste of centered apps, Notificatnions hidden behind a dot with number which can't disappread, forever darken bar, and last but not least, when you enable download booster for wifi and 4g your Wifi icon becomes black, and it invisible when fullscreen. Why this feels so rushed up, and why even recreating what was great and working instead of patching and upgrading? Pls allow us to at least chose what taskbar to choose.