Original topic:

Didn't install the April update yet? DON'T

(Topic created on: 05-08-2019 11:06 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
The forums are currently filled with a lot of legitimate complaints about the April security update. Let's just say it's a disaster.

Unfortunately for those of you who did install it, you cannot rollback to any previous version. The bootloader Number/fuse was increased, which means you can't go back. 

Currently, only the S9/+ and the Note8 appears to be affected. Other devices, such as the Galaxy A5, the A8, the S8 and the Note9 appears to be spared by this disaster.

Just a message because I really feel it should be said. Wait until there's another update available
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I have no issues whatsoever with the April update. It was mainly just a security update.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Well We didn't get as many reports as there were for the OneUI delay/schedule/rant but there's still a lot of reports. Obviously not everyone is affected but it's a significant amount of people
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
With what issues? What are these "reports"?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Read the forums to see those reports
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
So nothing concrete. Great, let's move on
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
it happens on both Wifi and mobile data, my baseband version is N950WVLU5DSD3 , am I still going to be able to revert to previous firmware?
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
well i guess I'm lucky so far. i have the april patch installed and haven't Experienced any issues yet thankfully . 🤞
0 Likes
snooksnake
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
my S9 is working like a charm with April update no issues at all. I don't use Bixby removed it from my phone.
0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I really think SAMSUNG should invest in more QUALITY ASSURANCE!!!!!!! 😡
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Well just in software updates in general