Original topic:

Didn't install the April update yet? DON'T

(Topic created on: 05-08-2019 09:08 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
The forums are currently filled with a lot of legitimate complaints about the April security update. Let's just say it's a disaster.

Unfortunately for those of you who did install it, you cannot rollback to any previous version. The bootloader Number/fuse was increased, which means you can't go back. 

Currently, only the S9/+ and the Note8 appears to be affected. Other devices, such as the Galaxy A5, the A8, the S8 and the Note9 appears to be spared by this disaster.

Just a message because I really feel it should be said. Wait until there's another update available
Galaxy S
ok i installed it with my note 8, whats the problem again???
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bugs over bugs over bugs. And one person at least lost Bixby, Samsung Store and Weather
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Uhm. no problems here still have all that working fine...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
i see, i just installed it last night, the only bugs i can see since one UI update on my note 8 is my NBA JAM that i bought is not working anymore. lol..
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If it works on your device, then that's great. However with the number of reports, it's safer to just not install the update
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I actually wish I had lost Bixby, instead I get ridiculous buffering while watching video's.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Check with your ISP if there are any disturbances in the network. I know here I have a lot of latency and packet loss issues with Bell (fiber)
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
bixby isn't that bad, I think part of the reason why people think Bixby is so bad is because they're asking bixby Google assist Information based questions. when bixby is not really an information based assistant, it's more so made to do tasks on your device. though..... to be fair to Samsung it is only 2 years old and could definitely use some work I can understand that.
0 Likes
miinan
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
what are the problems?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Check the numerous problem threads on the forums to have the answer
0 Likes