Original topic:

Do Not Disturb Never worked from day 1

(Topic created on: 04-04-2020 05:28 PM)
Samsung_gVmTahK
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. I was gifted a Galaxy S7 a couple years ago and the DND feature never worked for me. It would allow calls to come through even when activated. I resorted to using the Mute button for the time being but want to get to the bottom of it and have it resolved. I have done all the following troubleshooting to no avail:

-Factory reset

-Cleared Data Partition

-Network Reset

-Put phone is Safe Mode

Nothing worked. I called my phone carrier and went to a UbreakIfix and they both determined it was a Software issue. UbreakIfix determined that the "motherboard needs to be replaced".

-If that's so, what are the next steps I need to take?

Thanks and hope to hear from you.

0 Likes
5 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @ Samsung_gVmTahK,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Your device needs to be examined by an authorized technician.
Please note : Due to COVID-19 precautions, Service center operation hours may be impacted considering local situation. Kindly call service center before your visit.

0 Likes
Samsung_gVmTahK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi there,

I was initially on the U.S Samsung Community before being redirected to the Canadian site. I was advised to contact an authorized technician, however, they are closed due to the pandemic. The next viable option was to have the phone physically sent to Samsung for their technician to evaluate it, since all other options have been exhausted. In that case, what are the next steps?

By the way, I live in Toronto. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I have an S7 with Android 8, and there is no Do No Disturb setting in the Notification section. From what I can tell, enabling Mute might be the only way, unless there's an app someplace.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
"... and went to a UbreakIfix and they both determined it was a Software issue. UbreakIfix determined that the motherboard needs to be replaced..."

my god...

it's a software issue, so yeah lets replace the hardware.

0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
0 Likes