Original topic:

Dual Messenger Whatsapp

(Topic created on: 11-26-2021 06:51 AM)
RahulDalavai
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone having an issue with dual Messenger Whatsapp being unable to download media or restore a backup from Google drive?

The issue only seems to be present with the stable build. Once I updated to one UI 4 beta 2 it was fixed, but its come up again as I rolled back due to stability issues 

Edit: Actually found a solution temporarily. Use secure folder then setup Whatsapp on there. Looks like it was fixed with one UI 4 so just gotta wait till it's stable
14 Comments
Cronuck
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

OMG yes, this has been driving me crazy for days! Restoring data from Google Drive just hangs on the dual Whatsapp application, and even restoring messages from local storage didn't work, so don't bother trying. I might try the secure folder workaround, or just wait for the UI 4 update. How do you know they fixed it, btw?

0 Likes
RahulDalavai
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It was working since beta 1 of one UI 4 but I had to downgrade back then due to stability. I'm now on the stable build of one UI 4 and it's been working perfectly. Secure folder does work, but the app is isolated from files on the devices.
Cronuck
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

So it does work the normal way now, without using the secure folder?

0 Likes
Cronuck
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Happy to report that the dual messenger issue has been resolved with Android 12!

0 Likes
Iamjun
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Is yours resolved. Mine still having the same problem
0 Likes