Original topic:

Dual sim using one data

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 09:33 PM)
2Thatguy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

When I travel to different countries I get a local sim because the data plan is a lot cheaper than my home country roaming charges. I would like to turn the data off on my home sim, which is an esim, and use the local sim data instead. I would like to turn on the wifi calling on my home sim (esim) so I'm able to receive calls without being charged roaming fees. Can someone please tell me how to does this on my Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra?

My old Huawei phone was able to do this, and I've been told Apple can do this as well. I am shocked Samsung does not allow this or able missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Until I resolve this issue I have to travel with two phones which I hate doing. I use the second phone with the local sim as a hotspot.

Thanks 
3 Comments
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

There are a few things you can check on your phone if the Wi-Fi calling feature is not available.

First, make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.

If the network signal is weak or unstable, it may not work.

Open the Quick Panel and check the Wi-Fi icon to make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Also, to use Wi-Fi calling, you need to insert an active SIM card from a provider that supports this feature.

Check with your operator if your SIM card is compatible.

If that doesn't solve the problem or if the feature is not allowed, contact your provider for further assistance.

0 Likes
2Thatguy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Sorry you misunderstood me. The wifi calling is working fine.

As a work around I have two phones. One phone as a hotspot so I can tether my primary phone (Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra) to it so I'm able to use the wifi calling on the primary. This allows me to use my primary phone without incurring roaming charges.

I do not want to use two phones. On my Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra, I want to tell my phone to use the data on the local sim (not my home sim) so I can use the wifi calling without incurring roaming charges.
I was able to do this on my 4 year old Huawei phone and I was told I can do this on Apple.
The other companies allow the use to dictate where wifi calling will use the data, sim A or sim B.

Currently my Samsung phone does not allow me to choose. If I have sim B turned on that means wifi calling must come from sim B and this is the problem because wifi calling is connected to sim A my home network.

This is not a hardware issue but a software issue.

Can you help?
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
We would like to inform you that Samsung does not have the sim card manager to enable and disable the mobile data.
Please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, we'll ensure you that it will be considered as a feedback and value your time contacting us.
We certainly bring it to our team for further review.
Hopefully, the feature that you're expecting might be added in a future update.

0 Likes